Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Saying No

It's so easy to say yes when people ask for help.  It's so easy to say yes when you're offered a free meal even though you don't like it too much because it affects your stomach a good bit... It's so easy to say yes when you're given an unhealthy object.... it's so easy to just say the word, 'yes'.

However, people forget the simple two letter word, 'no' that could also be an answer.  However, it's hard to say no because acceptance is what most people consider 'good'.  To me, saying no is an important part of my training.  In saying no, I'm able to deny the good tasting food given to me and allow myself to take a step forward towards my goal.  In succumbing to the temptation and saying yes, I take myself a step away from the goal.

Things aren't going to be easy.  There will be tough decisions you'll have to make.  That would be the decision to do the right thing.  Sometime, the right thing is to say yes... but the right decision can also be no.

It's easier to agree with something and do the right thing.  It's a lot harder to disagree with something and do the right thing.  The challenge is to be strong in the decisions you make and go forth from there, making a difference in your own life.

Today, I was able to go for an 8 mile run... it was nice... can't wait to go run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment