Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Boston Marathon Bombing

I first heard about the bombings at the Boston Marathon when my grandparents called me to see if I was over in Boston or not.  After they told me about what happened, I looked at the news and saw the horrific news of what happened.  I also received other texts and Facebook messages asking if I was alright and if I was in Boston.  It's nice to know that there are quite a few people that care about me.... but at the same time, it's sad to know that there are people out there that do bad things like putting bombs out and killing and injuring innocent people.

However, the story doesn't stop there.  There is more to it than just the bad things that happened.  In the midst of the chaos, with injured people and mass confusion, there were people who stood out and made a difference.  There were so many runners that kept on running and donated their blood to the hospitals for the victims that hospitals had to turn them away because there just wasn't enough space.  You see, even though there are many bad things that occur in this world, there still is a lot of good within each of us.  On television, we see so much horror from the bad things that happen... because bad things make news, but at the same time, there are so many good things that happen in this world.

I'm proud to know that there are those good people that fight to make things right and do the things that help other people.  I'm proud of the good that people can do, in the midst of this terrible situation.

(I ran 9.07 miles yesterday, and today, ran 11 miles... it was a good feeling to go out and run.  For the time being, I think of the events and pray for the families of the injured and deceased.  I really hope that this will not happen again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment