Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Power to Push Yourself

There are going to be times when you don't want to push yourself.  There's going to be a time when you just... don't feel like it.  What can you do?  You have that goal ahead of you... but you don't want to strive for it.  Your willpower is gone, you lack the strength to push yourself... how can you flip the switch and start striving towards your goals?

One way that I find power to push myself to go forward is through the power of words.  Words hold authority, and when you remember what kind of authority was behind the words that were written, you regain that strength and are able to continue on your journey.

The past few weeks have been a little troublesome.  First, my dad came down to visit, and since he's way more important than my running, I let my running slide for a couple of days.  Then on Wednesday night (he left that morning), I played floor hockey and I pushed myself to the limit and went home... to wake up throwing up at 2am.  I was not a happy camper, and managed to get better, but for the next couple of days felt rather lethargic... also losing the habit of continuous running that I've been building up... On Tuesday, I went out for a 4.25 mile run followed by a 30 min cycling session, and on Wednesday, I went out for a 5 mile run, followed by intense amounts of floor hockey, and today... I just did my daily exercise, not running or anything.  However, due to the last few days of intense daily workouts, I've been able to get better and I see the difference it's made in my life.

The only reason I was able to get through Tuesday was because I was running with a good friend of mine.  However, on Wednesday, I had no good friend to run with, so instead, I wrote "I'm a BEAST" on my hand and now as a reminder, whenever I look at my watch, I get reminded that I am a beast and therefore needed to work hard to get to my goal.

Tomorrow is going to be a very nice day, and if the day is sunny, I'm sure I'll be able to get quite a bit of running done.  Can't wait for that, I'll have to get some rest though... but I know that when I wake up, I'll look at my hand, and on it, there will be a message written saying "I'm a BEAST" and I'll believe and work towards that.

No comments:

Post a Comment