Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Growth

Growth happens when you push yourself.  Pushing yourself too hard will result in destruction, while pushing yourself too little will end with a lack of growth.  The moment I decide to push myself is the moment I work towards growth.  For the past few months, I've been slowly building a proper foundation for my running, and lately, I've been getting to running a minimum of 5 miles a day, while a few weeks back, I would be running a minimum of 4 miles a day (except the days I don't run, of course).  Bit by bit, I'm building myself up, and my goal is to get to a point where I would be able to run double digits every day, easily, but fast.  The only way I can get to that point is by growing slowly but continually.  It's important for me to build slowly because should I build too fast, I would end up injuring myself and I would have to start all over.

Yesterday, I ran 5.07 miles in 38:48, an average of 7:39 min/mile.  Today, I ran 7.36 miles in 1:00:03, an average of 8:09 min/mile.  I'm not too worried about the speed at which I run, but focus more on the distance I run.  Step by step, I'm feeling like I can get to being able to run 100 miles.  I just need to continuously grow.  Grow and mold my body by pushing myself bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment