Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Giving it Your Best

Today was one hectic day at work... I woke up, went to work, and for the whole day, planned an after school party.  It was my second party, so I sort of knew what I was in for.  Unfortunately, because I had been working on my report that was due the day before, I was not able to focus on the party.  I had to pretty much work with my ideas and make it a reality.  I had to make sure that everything was in its place... and after a whole day of planning, we had the party.  It started off really unorganized, but over time, it went back to being more or less alright, but at the end, it went haywire again.  I had ideas, and it worked in an ideal situation... but I didn't think about all the 'what ifs' that would have helped me with my organization.  I could have just given up and let it be the way it was, but I was not taught to give up.  As a long distance runner, you don't want to give up.  You want to do your best.  Why?  It's because if you don't do your best, you leave something out.  You aren't fulfilled.  Satisfaction isn't finishing something barely passing.  Satisfaction comes when you are overflowing and getting 100% done.

Today at soccer, we were up against a tough team.  We didn't do well at all and we were losing by a lot.  However, to me, even if we were losing by that much, it's important for me to continuously keep going and work to finish the task.  It didn't matter if we won or lost.  The most important thing is to do your best, no matter what.  It's doing our best that matters the most.  When you do your best, you push yourself, and when you push yourself, you can grow.  Doing my best has always helped me grow so much.  If working at a mediocre level can raise you part way, then your 100% will help you grow tremendously.

We all make decisions, to do our best, to do the bare minimum... but each choice that we make influences the outcome and direction of our lives.  Let's forget about every thing and focus on doing your best.  For yourself, and as a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment