Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One is One More Than None

Just like my run, today's entry is going to be short and simple.  So what's the difference between running 5 minutes and not running at all?  The difference is 5 minutes... plus change.  You not only get the physical benefits, but also the mental benefits.  Although there hasn't been too much time given to running, it still supports  your path.  It doesn't matter how big or small your steps are because each step takes you closer to your goal.

Today, my step was running 4.56 miles in 36:06, an average of 7:55 min/mile.  Although it was just a small, nice, and easy run, it let me use my legs and get used to running a little bit while I was in tapering season.  Pretty soon, I'll be eating a ton of carbs and doing nothing for the rest of the day, but for now, I'll stick with these small runs, so that my body would still understand how fast it's suppose to go.

If you have a goal ahead of you and you can choose to either shuffle or to not do anything, what would you choose?  As for me, I would choose the shuffle so that even though it may not be as much, it'll help me out by allowing me to go towards my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment