Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Living Without Regret

There are things that we do that we are ashamed of.  There are things we choose that may not be the best.  Sometimes, we just don't do what we should do, and we go on with life.  We make bad decisions and we waste our lives when we could do something that would be productive... so what can we do during those times?  Can we just erase what we did and start all over?  Of course not.  If we could do that, then we'd be starting over all the time.  We have to embrace our decisions, no matter if they are good or bad, because we are the product of our choices.

Good or bad, we are what we are.  Use the bad to become better.  Use the good and get even stronger.  No matter what we say, do, or think, don't regret the decisions you make.

Today, I made a decision that I thought I would regret.  I was going to go cycle for 3 hours.  I decided not to and waste my time just chillaxing at the house, watch a movie, eat dinner and prepare for tomorrow's meal.  I ended up just doing nothing and it really bothered me.  I wanted to exercise, but at the same time, I didn't.  I just wanted a break... so I caved in to the temptation and didn't do anything.  I regretted that decision as soon as the movie was over, but it only took me a couple seconds to figure out a makeshift plan to go forward.  Since I usually go to sleep at midnight or later, I decided to sleep earlier and wake up early so that I would be able to do a 3 hour workout on the stationary bike tomorrow morning after I wake up at 4:10 in the morning.  It would jumpstart my day, but I'm hoping that with that, I would be able to train my body to continually work for hours.

Things happen, you can't change the past, but you can change your course of action.  Your action never just stops, use the past to build a better you, use your bad choices and make the best out of the situation.  Who knows, it actually might have been better for you because of that!

Live without regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment