Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Don't Wait til it's Too Late

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I got sick.  Now... I NEVER got sick, so I refused to believe it and chose to man through it.  I knew that I could handle sickness by myself.  What I didn't know was that I was trying to man through strep throat... I went strong for a couple days, my throat getting more painful and painful, but I felt like if I kept going, I would be able to make it through.  Gradually, I started getting a massive headache, I had a harder time breathing, and my fever went up in my head and the rest of my body was just... messed up.  I went to the doctor and after waiting for an agonizing hour, they confirmed that I had strep throat, gave me two shots, and told me that if I had waited any further... they might have had to do some sort of surgery to help me breath...  Not the greatest experience.

DON'T WAIT TIL IT'S TOO LATE

I was lucky that I caught myself before the situation went out of control, but think about it if I waited just a little longer.  In other situations, people have waited until it's too late and have had to suffer with the consequences.  For example, there have been many people that changed their lifestyle, and started to gain weight.  Unless they're obsessed with checking how much they weigh, they won't notice the pounds that they put on until they have a heart attack or something...  It's so easy to gain fat... and it's so hard to lose fat.  If you wait until it's too late... you're in a predicament.  A lifestyle needs to be changed and you need to work hard to get back to where you need/should be.

It doesn't matter what you do in life because your lifestyle affects who you become and what you are.  Should you choose to pay attention to what you need to do, you can prevent quite a few things from happening and you'll be able to continue on in life without any of those things slowing you down.

Over the last few days, I've been running quite consistently (I don't know where to start because I don't remember when the last time I wrote a blog...) but in the last 3 days, I've run 4.01 miles, 5.84 miles, and 5.07 miles.  The last two was under the 7min/mile pace and the first one a little over.  It seems like as I consistently run, my body is able to run a lot faster (but I still need to slow down because I'm training for a 100 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment