Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Time

We are all limited.  We are limited in what we can do because we are all bound by time.  There are 24 hours in a day and we can only do so much in 24 hours.  We're bombarded with homework, work, family, friends, food, sleep, and other various activities.  Our day is filled with things to do, and we don't have a lot of time to run towards whatever goals we want to achieve.  A few of us are lucky and the life is revolved around the goal.  However, the majority of people have too many responsibilities in different areas that they have a hard time achieving their goal.

My goal is to become a world class ultra runner.  However, I don't have the time to train for ultras because I need to earn money to live.  I chose to go to school to learn more so I can get a degree that would allow me to take my next step in life.  I need food and sleep because without them... I'd be dead.  With a lot of other various things going on, it's hard to find time for me to run... and sleep too (haven't had too much lately).  So in order to combat that, I've been able to give myself small bits of time in order to train.  Between classes, I'll get anywhere between an half an hour to an hour and a half to train.  Sometimes it's between classes and work.  Sometimes it's after work and before I go home.  I put myself in that position so I'm able to run and forge my body.  Same with sleep.  Some nights, I stay up late because I have so much to do.  However, if I find 20 minutes where I can just take a nap, I jump right on it.

We're limited with what we can do in one day, but at the same time, we still can find little bits and pieces to go on towards our goal.  Finding those opening can be hard, but if you truly want to find a place for your goals, you'll be able to find it.

Today, I had a wonderful 20 minute nap before going to church, and after church, I went over and did an hour and a half of floor hockey... mostly anaerobic stuff... but still so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment