Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Excuses

We all make excuses.  I do it all the time.  And if the excuse wins, that tells me that I didn't want to do it to begin with.  When dealing with what we do... we only do what we do.  Excuses are what comes up when there are two opposing sides to it.  What IS important?  What DO you really want to do?  Do you really want to go run outside in the rain or just stick around in the house and watch a movie.

I was stuck with that dilemma.  I wanted to sit around on the couch and just chill the whole day... but at the same time, I knew that I needed to run.  If I took a step back, that would be counterproductive and I wouldn't be going towards my goal, so I chose to run.  It was a nice and easy run, but I felt good after I finished.  I ran 4.07 miles in 34:01, an average of 8:21 min/mile.  The good thing about it was that I felt like I put in the same amount of effort as I did yesterday.  Every day is a new day and should you push yourself just enough each day, it brings progress.

Excuses happen because there are two sides to what you want to do... so what do we do about it?  I say keep it simple.  What do you want to do with yourself?  Figure that out and see which direction you'll go.  Finding out what's important to you will definitely help you make the best decision for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment