Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Change

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their mind cannot change anything."
-George Bernard Shaw

I've had a couple people ask me for help with their training.  One of the first things I do is find out where they  are.  After figuring out where they are, I go and find out what their goal is.  Once we find out where they are (point A) and where they are going (point B), all we have to do is find the path that will take us from one point to the other.  The path is what takes you from one place to another, and as for those that ask me for advice, it helps them understand the change that they need to make in their lives to progress towards their goal.

People can only overcome themselves if they change themselves.  The progress that they make is only due to the change they make in their life.

Change leads to something new.  Just as the seasons change from winter to spring, the change brings with it, a new life.  Progress cannot exist without change.  When we set our eyes on a goal, we must change a part of us in order to achieve that goal.

Today, I went to the gym, did 20 pull ups, 25 push ups, and cycled for 60 minutes (21.6 miles) and then 210 calf raises for each calf, and then did 210 vertical lunges with high knees in order to work on my quads and hammy.  In order to achieve my goals from 5k to 100 miles, I needed to change my training, and make my whole body capable of performing its best for all the distances I wanted to do.  Little by little, my training would incorporate both short distances and long distances.

If you want to achieve your goal, you're going to have to change.  Change, and you'll achieve your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment