Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Safety First

Now I've noticed that when I played indoor soccer, I don't play safe, and I put myself in danger a lot.  This time, I made sure that I needed to keep the important things where they were suppose to be.  My goal for now is to get my fastest 5k, marathon, 50 mile, 12 hour time, and also finish a 100 mile race.  In order to do that, I needed to make sure that I kept myself from getting injured, because injury kind of makes sure you don't achieve anything.

Today's indoor soccer game was amazing, and I used it as interval training because I needed to work on my speed as well as my VO2 level.  The important thing about this game wasn't just to win, but to make sure that I get the most out of it and have fun while making sure that I DO NOT GET INJURED.

I've played a couple times where I've hurt my right knee and my right foot, but kept on playing anyway.  This time, I made sure to play smart and not do impossible tasks and end up hurting myself because I needed to keep myself safe for tomorrow's training.  During the course of 50 minutes, I made 3 goals, a header, a nicely placed pass, and a deflection.  It felt great to score that many goals... too bad we lost the game in the last 2 minutes of the game.  All in all, I had a fun time, and I was fully exhausted from playing that whole game, running as fast as I could for 50 minutes.  It wasn't a constant run, but when I gave it my all, my limit was pushed, and it felt great to put that much into that time period.

Working that hard, I didn't put myself in a situation that I would hurt myself.  A coworker once told me about the dangers of soccer... and I really understood what she meant by that.  People get really serious playing soccer and get really physical.  During the game, I made sure to make as little physical contact as possible... which meant that I needed to run faster and play harder so I wouldn't get in a situation where I could have gotten hurt.

No matter what you do, safety is a priority.  Without it, we won't get anywhere.  With it, we can step closer to our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment