Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Effort

Not everyone has talent built within them.  However, everyone has potential to grow.  As long as you put in effort, you can grow.  It doesn't just apply to the talented individuals, it applies to every individual.  Talented people may have more potential, but if they don't tap into it with their effort, then a person without talent can beat them with enough effort.

Effort is what makes good people great.  It's what produces results.  As Winston Churchill put it, "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential."

We all have potential in different areas of our lives (whether it be a specific sport or a school subject) and effort is what it takes to growing to that potential.  In the past few months, I've been feeling that I've gained too much weight.  I've known for a bit that because of my inactivity, I've been gaining that weight.  However, over the last few days, I've noticed the considerable difference in weight and speed due to my consistent effort in running.  Granted, it hasn't been like when I was in college, where I was able to schedule running alongside several other activities, but it's a step forward.  My average weight is over 5 pounds lighter than a couple months back, and I'm on my way towards running that 100 mile race in Leadville.

Each step is a step forward.  As long as I don't stop, I can continue to grow.  Effort drives me forward and helps me grow.  Effort is what my running is made up of.

No comments:

Post a Comment