Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sickness

You know.  People get sick.  Things happen that are out of your control.  You don't have to like it, but you are forced to accept it.

I had the great moment of being sick this past week.  Not the best moments of my life... but it could have been better.  I've been attempting to get better as soon as I could before the race... but it looks like I'll have to run the race without running for a solid week.  Now tapering involves taking a break, but this is way too much and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it... except I'll just have to live with it and jump on it.

In two days, I'll be running a 50k race, and hey, it's okay.  It's just a 50k and not a big deal.  I won't be able to perform at my best, but I think it'll still be a pretty sweet deal.

Bad days happen, but it doesn't mean that my life is now messed up.  Take it and deal with it.  It's part of life, and there's nothing you can do about it other than taking care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment