Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hustle

Some people hustle.  Others don't.  Sometimes people hustle at certain times while other times they don't.  Now when people are hustling, it means that it's urgent and probably important to them.  When they don't hustle, that means that it's not THAT urgent or important.  Some people work ahead and are able to live life without hustling too much... and that's great!  Sometimes, we can't get away from that.  There's no other way to get through some things other than to hustle.

So what does it mean to hustle?  It means that you are driving forward towards whatever you want.  It could be simple as getting to class on time, or even chasing after a soccer ball.  To me, when you're going towards your goal, and you really want it, you're hustling and bustling to get to the goal and do whatever you can to get it.  Now lately, I haven't been running too much, and in fact, things have gotten in my way.  However, tonight, I was able to play some floor hockey for about 2 hours.  This meant that I was going back and forth from one side of the gym to the other, pushing myself to run fast at all times.  It was a great speed and agility workout and really helped me push myself to get faster.  At the same time, I observed other people and how they played in the game.  Some people hustled, but not many people hustled all the time.  I mean, it's important to conserve your energy to last through the whole game, but at the same time, it's important to do your best at ALL time.  The more you do that, the better you can become and eventually, you'll be able to go all out at all times.

Same goes for whatever you do in your own life.  When you have a goal and only half heartedly hustle, you'll get there... but you won't really 'conquer' it.  When you have a goal, you ought to conquer it, doing your best and working towards that with all the energy you can muster.

After looking at where I am and where I want to be, I figure I should train myself to run shorter distances faster and just decided that I'm going to plan on running the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon and aim at getting a PR and hopefully 1st place.  I have 66 days to train to complete the marathon in under 2:56.  This is going to be a totally new direction, but I need to make sure I have some sort of speed if I'm going to attack this 100 miler.  It's also another goal that's a little nearer for me and would help me work harder.  The more pressure I put on myself, the more hustle I'll put in.  The more hustle I put in, the better the results are going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment