Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trying

I like the saying, 'You never know until you try' because it's so true.  When you don't doubt yourself and the possibility isn't zero, then there's a chance.  It may be a one in a million chance, but a chance is a chance.  Or maybe you don't know if it's possible.  You can't figure out if you can do it or not so you try.  It may have been impossible, but you still went on that journey.  You followed what you believed in and worked towards it.  I think that the journey is just as important as the end of the road.  Over the past few days, I've been running a little bit and I feel quite a bit stronger, ready to take on whatever is ahead of me.

On Friday, I went out for 3.96 miles in 30:11 (an average of 7:37 min/mile) and oh man it was cold.  Thursday night, snow came down and instead of running, I just made snowmen (you know where my priorities lie...) and the next day was just as cold because of all the snow being on the ground.  Not feeling like I wanted to go too fast, I just went out for an easy run and that's what I got.

On Saturday, I had work at night, so at about 10:00am, I went out for a long run after shoving chia seeds in my mouth and gulping quite a bit of water.  I wanted to be able to run for a long period of time without food, to practice getting all the energy out of my own body.  I ran 21.72 miles in 3:03:59, an average of 8:28 min/mile.  It wasn't too fast, but it was still something.  It made me pretty happy to know that I'm capable of such things.  I was a little bit tired from that, but still went to work and stayed standing up for 8.5 hours.  Throughout the whole day, I bet I stayed on my feet for over half of it.  It was a little tough on my legs to stand still while working, but still glad I have a job and made it through.  Next time, I'm hoping I'll get off earlier.

Sunday, I took a break and didn't run... too much.  I was going to go caving with my friends, and in looking for that cave we were suppose to go, I did quite a bit of running... probably only a mile, but hey, it's a lot for a break day!

Monday was one of those days where I didn't feel like running.  I just wanted to chill before work and just laze around on the couch. Fortunately, I was reading some manga, and was inspired by one series and changed and went out for a 3.94 mile run in 25:58, an average of 6:35 min/mile (9 seconds per mile faster than my marathon pace).  Looking at the amount of effort I put into that, I can see that I still have a long ways to go if I want to get to that 'beast' shape that I want.

I believe I have a chance at finishing well in the Leadville 100.  Do I have much to base it off of?  Not too much, but I believe in myself and am going forward to my goal.  I'm going to try because without trying, nothing can really happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment