Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finding VS Creating

Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw


When I was little, one of my favorite toys were my Lego sets.  I always appreciated what I could do with them. I would be able to create anything I want with my Legos and I would make dinosaurs, houses... anything I would think up of, I'd find a way to make it. Now there were limitations with what I could do with the Legos, but as long as I understood the limitations, I would be able to manage to make whatever I wanted.

We are all born with a desire to create. My desire to create did not die away as I grew older, but it did transfer from creating things with Legos into creating a runner out of myself. Just like the Legos, there were limitations to what my body could and couldn't do. However, just like the Legos, I would figure out what I would need to do in order to achieve my goal. In order to get to that step, I did need to figure out what my goals were, and this needed to find myself. But the journey does not stop at finding one's self. I needed to mold myself into the person I wanted to be. The person I found was not the person I was, but rather the person I wanted to be.

Instead of finding myself and live a happy life, finding myself is the first step towards the life of adventure. Finding who you are and what your passion is is the starting point of a whole new track. When I finally figured out who I was and what my passion is, the world around me took a whole new perspective. The new perspective came with my goal, because I know what my goal is, and how I live my life right now affects my direction.

Now, I am creating a body that would be able to compete with elite athletes, building a reputation as a runner in order to be able to impact as many people as possible, to inspire others to pursue their dreams, their goals, and to achieve them.

Today, I did forty minutes of cycling, ab workout, and planned my day tomorrow. I can't wait til to tomorrow because it's going to be a great day to exercise. Good Friday will indeed be a good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment