Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Cost of Achievement

What are you willing to do to get free food?  Today, I dressed up as a cow with my friend Aaron and we went to two Chick-Fil-A's and got ourselves some free food.  To some people, we looked... a little crazy, but to those that went to Chick-Fil-A, we were awesome.  Walking around all evening looking like a cow was worth the meal.

Every achievement has a price.  If you have a goal in mind, there are sacrifices that you must make in order to achieve that.  To me, when I go running, I am 'paying the price' to improve my performance.  Today, I drove 4 hours to visit my friend in North Carolina to go around dressed like a cow in order to have a good time and free food.  Important note... I hate driving long distances, and I consider anything over 30 minutes long distance driving.  I don't mind running long distances, but when it comes to driving, I can't handle sitting down that long.

To me, driving the distance to dress up like a cow was worth hanging out with my friend.  What are you willing to pay to achieve your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment