Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Up to Date

It's nice to be able to get a new computer, a new phone, a new watch, because it helps us out with a lot of things.  It's convenient to have this constant connection with the world around us... but what happens when it's not there?  It becomes a little inconvenient.  My little trip with that happened these past few days.  Not having a laptop, I had to rely on my phone for the most miniscule of that I wanted to do online... it was pretty annoying.

Now that Black Friday had come and gone, I bought myself a good ultrabook, and now have to take a lot of time and learn how to use this Windows 8 system.  I really enjoyed the new things on it, and am finding it fun to figure out how different things work.

Now my grandparents... they're in a whole different level.  They still use computers that barely work because it takes so much time for it to turn on and do anything, so they aren't exactly caught up with the rest of the world.  Interesting how we both live in the same world... but at the same time, live in a different world.  I'm all caught up with a lot more than they are, keeping up with the things that are current while my grandparents are still quite a ways behind.  It's not that it's bad that they're so behind.  It's just that they seem to not know as much.

Keeping up with what's going on now is very important.  Getting stuck in the past isn't going to help you out with anything.  Most people think that running is harmful because of what went on in the past with different people getting hurt because of their running.  People don't realize that now, people are figuring out how to run and what running is.  That running before was harmful because people didn't understand how to run and it ended up hurting them.

We can't get a computer and never update it.  It's important to update it because things are always changing.  In the same way, it's important to keep on 'updating' yourself, so that you too can grow and move forward.

(on Thanksgiving, I went out for a nice run before eating a good bit and ran 7.31 miles in 1:00:03, an average of 8:12 min/mile.  It was a nice pace and I felt pretty good with it.  Little by little, I'll be speeding up because I'm going to need to be able to race at a sub-7 minute mile for a 50k in January)

No comments:

Post a Comment