Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Going Against Plans

Today, my plan stated that I was to run 8 miles, but I didn't feel like running 8 miles, and my shins were telling me that I needed a little break.  Instead, all I did was just go to the gym and get some exercise done.  I did 24 pull ups, 59 push ups, and cycled for 30 min.  After all that, I stretched my legs and went home.

Sometimes, it's just the simple work outs that you need.  Sometimes, you have to take a step off your plans and go with what you feel.  Change it up, add something new, and most importantly, take care of your body.  Most people get injured because they have a hard-core plan that they 'need' to stick too.  It's important to be able to let your plans go and taking steps towards your ultimate plan.

When you have a plan towards becoming a professional athlete, would you stick to your running program if you knew it was going to hurt you?  No!  So if you look at the end goal and don't see that what you're doing right now is helping you along, then don't do it.  Take a break.  Go off course and make new plans.

In this day and age, we can only survive by adapting, and sometimes, when we adapt, we go against our plans that are 'supposed' to do, and alter our course in order to get to the place where we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment