Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Optimist's Outlook

Bad things happen.

Good things also happen.

Sometimes, we see the bad things that happen and refuse to see the good that could possibly come out of it. Others look at the good things that happen and only see the bad that could come out of it.  I enjoy looking at the good things and being happy about it, and looking at the bad things and seeing the good that can come out of it.  Today was a rather interesting day.  I went to church like normal, and then at 3, I went over to play some street hockey and had a lot of fun... but when I returned to my car, I saw that one of the spark plugs came off and even after putting it back on, the threads weren't catching, so it just kept on popping off after I started the car.  Now my car has been annoying me for the past... year? and so this kind of thing has been happening for some time.  Normally, I'd be a little peeved about this situation, but knowing that being angry about it wouldn't do anything about it, I had another great idea.  This gave me the perfect opportunity to begin cycling to work.  Fortunately, my friend had a bicycle that he could lend me, and I would ride back and forth from my house to work (after tomorrow since I'm staying at his place to get the bicycle).  It would be a round trip of 30 miles every day on a mountain bike.  It's not the most fun thing in the world, but it's something that'll definitely help me getting to my goals.

Things happen in life that you can't control.  What you can control is how you deal with it.  If you deal with it in a negative way, then it's obvious that the whole situation will end negatively.  If you deal with the situation in a positive way, something good's definitely gotta happen.  Positive thinking always produces results that are beneficial to the individual.  Being positive shows how motivated you are towards your goals.  If you're negative, it shows that you aren't motivated towards your goals because you focus on the different things you can't do, rather than the things you CAN do.

As Albert Einstein says, "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Look at the bigger picture, see what it could be, and push on forward and make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment