Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hope

Without hope, it becomes hopeless.  Without a step, there can't be any walking.  Hope gives you the idea of chance.  The chance can give you an opportunity.  The opportunity can give you action.  Should the hope become hopelessness, then action is impossible.  The only reason people can strive forward and live is through the knowledge of hope.  Without hope, all can be lost.  It's hope that drives everyone forward.  Sometimes we look at things and see things we can't and can.  With things that are under our own control, we can make a difference, and the difference can be that hope.  Hope allows things to happen.

Yesterday, I ran 3.12 miles in 24:02, a slow 7:43 min/mile, and was forced to take a break because my knee hurt.  After taking a small break, I ran 1.08 miles in 8:28, a 7:52 min/mile pace when I decided I needed to stop before I hurt myself even worse.  I walked 2.05 miles back to my house in 35:08 limping the last mile.  I taped up my knee after putting some muscle relaxer on it... and now I'm attempting on going out again and running less and taking a break before it hurts worse.  I plan on just jogging a couple miles with a break in between and then come back.

I could choose to not do that and just hole myself and hope it gets better after a long time, but I'm a firm believer in strengthening yourself to go through things, and so I'm going to see if I can do that.  If I feel like it's too much, then I'll stop, but without that hope, I wouldn't try, and without trying, I wouldn't know, and without knowing, where can I get?

Hope gets you places.

No comments:

Post a Comment