Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lifestyle

Life I've said before, it's not the half an hour of exercise you do that gets you to where you need to be.  It's what you do in that whole 24 hours that counts.  Today, I was able to go on a hike to the Chimney Tops, a 4 mile round trip.  I went up and saw the most magnificent view, and then went down.  I was able to get up all the way up and down without too much trouble.  However, due to the fact that I ran a 50 mile race last week, I'm still recovering.  My lifestyle has led me to different things.  What I do affects me.  Running 50 miles in one day affects me for over a week.  Not running and eating junk food affects me also.

Everything we do causes something to happen.  Our lifestyle is reflected in our lives.  It's important to remember that because it's the little things we do in our daily lives that lets us grow into... what we 'train' ourselves to be.  A lifestyle for a runner isn't defined by an hour of running or 20 minutes of stretching.  It is defined by what the runner does throughout the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment