Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Managing Time

There are only 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute... and that all doesn't change.  I always have time management problems because there's just so much to do.  There's time when I've committed myself on too many things, and I'm just overwhelmed with so many things to do in the small amount of time.  There's also a time when I only have one thing to do and I just don't feel like doing it and don't manage my time wisely, making the simple thing that I have to do something hard because I would waste time on the computer or not doing anything productive, putting myself into a situation I shouldn't have been in in the first place.

The thing about managing time is that we always have that problem.  We don't see how important something is and don't understand the importance of being on top of things and become lazy.  Because of that mindset, we trap ourselves and aren't able to do the things we want or achieve the things we want to achieve.  Today was one of those days where I kept on pushing my running time until... it was midnight.  I'm planning on making it up by running tomorrow, but the thing is that I'm going to be a lot more tired because of that.  Due to my bad time management, I'm going to have to wake up and run, and then run in the afternoon with the track like I originally planned... but a little more tired.  Fortunately, it's my taper weeks so I'm not too worried about undertraining because all this is going to be a part of the recovery for me and making sure that my glycogen stores are filled up.

If you can't manage your time, you won't be able to do anything.  Time management is an important task wherever you are.  Without it, you won't be able to do your job, achieve your goals, or do anything of any importance.  Take time out of your day and work on that, so that you do what truly is important.  Don't wait for the time to come, create your own opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment