Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Just a Walk

Today, I worked hard on my website, and I'm... ALMOST done... not where I want to be, but it's coming along... I didn't know how hard it was to write a beginner's training plan for a half marathon and marathon.  It's quite a challenge.  I haven't been a beginner for a long time and so I need to put myself in the mind of a beginner.  I'll get there eventually.  I've asked friends to see if they would be able to undergo the training, and so far, it looks alright, so I'll just go with it.

During the time I was off the computer. I actually had a couple nice walks, one right after the other.  First one was 1.22 miles in 18:43, a nice 15:19 pace.  On the way back, I had a little mini detour, so I walked 2.57 miles in 37:46, a 14:42 pace which was a little brisk, and definitely caused my heart rate to rise slightly. Doing those walks didn't burn too many calories... but it did burn calories.  There is a direct correlation between a little exercise and longevity.  Taking care of our bodies for just a little bit lasts a long time.  In doing these little walks, we are in fact helping ourselves live longer.

Sometimes, it's the little insignificant things we do that seems to help us out in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment