Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

For Want of a Nail

For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the rider was lost. For want of a rider the message was lost. For want of a message the battle was lost. For want of a battle the kingdom was lost. And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

A little thing can make a difference.  As the Emperor from Mulan said, "A single grain of rice can tip the scale."  No matter how miniscule it is, what you do can impact your life.  A split decision can in turn change the direction you grow, and make a huge difference.  My impacting decision was when I decided to go out for a run.  I really didn't feel like doing it, but I was training to eventually run a 100 miles.  I can't afford to lose a day's run because I didn't feel like going out for a run.  Every little run that I do is another step towards that goal.  I went out 30 minutes to see whether or not I could come back faster than that.  I ended up running 7.32 miles in 56:21, an average of 7:42 min/mile.  By itself, it isn't much, but the thing is that this one run will impact the rest of my runs which in turn will impact my races, all the way up to the 100 mile run that I'm working towards.

Everything you do is important, whether it be that 3 mile run or eating that banana.  Who knows how what you do will impact your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment