Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Had a Bad Day

Things happen.  We're in a world filled with both good and bad days.  I had a not so good day today.  In my evening run at the track, I did a 3 mile warm up, then proceeded to try to keep up somewhat with Ethan, a fast runner in the group.  He was doing 800 repeats with a minute and a half of a break in between at a 5 min/mile pace.  Since I'm curious and wanted to see what I could do and how long I could hold it... I went for it.  Didn't do well... I finished the first one but couldn't do the second one.  I had to stop doing 800 repeats and did 400 repeats instead.  Looking at that, I realized how slow I was.  I've been practicing running so long that I've neglected my speed.  Not only was I tired and not able to run fast for a longer period of time, I felt light headed and faint for some reason.  Looking back, I believe that it was due to the fact that I didn't drink and eat enough, and I pushed myself hard.

Good days or bad, both of them are 24 hours long.  So much to learn, so much to grow from.  Doesn't matter if it was a good day or a bad day.  You can learn so much.

After going through all that, I jogged around the track and finished it off with a 3 mile cool down.  It didn't end out too bad... especially with a good meal at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment