Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 14 (31 Day Transformation)

Thank goodness for rest days!  According to the 31 Day Transformation Guide I made up, I didn't have to run that much at all.  I was only to run 4 miles because that's what my body would consider 'easy' this week.  I'm hoping that because of this break from exercise, I would be able to recover, because Week 3 is going to be even more tough.

Here's what I did today:

4.13 miles in 37:06 (8:59 min/mile)

I was running at an easy pace because it was my rest day, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much longer I would be able to last.  It's recommended that you increase your mileage by 10% each week, but the difference between Week 1 (44.96 miles) and Week 2 (82.97 miles) was by 84.5%.  However, in order to become a beast, you're going to have to train like a monster.

Knowing my limitations, I was able to continue this hard core training, but next week... it looks like I'm going to increase my mileage a little more (but not by 84.5%, thank goodness...).  We'll see how things turn out next week.  Whether my guidelines are going to be followed... or whether I'm going to find my limits sooner than expected and have to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment