Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 23 (31 Day Transformation)

Today was an easy day.  After working at the day camp, I ran with a new friend of mine, and then taking a break, I ran that night.

This is what I did today:

3.75 miles in 37:24 (9:58 min/mile average)
7.04 miles in 58:28 (8:18 min/mile average)

It seems like I only did a little bit, but the thing is, no matter what you do... however small the steps are... they still are the steps of progress, and running over ten miles is definitely progress.  My body is still exhausted from the continuous running and exercise I'm putting myself through, and since I haven't taken a break from running in over two weeks, my body is telling me to shut down for a little bit... but I'm refraining from doing that, because I want to build up my body and have running as a norm.  The thing about the body is that no matter what you do, it will do its best to adapt to whatever you put yourself through.  In this case, with my running, my aim is to have running become my body's norm, and with a firm foundation, I can build even more off of that.  Imagine if I could run 10 miles a day without feeling any different from when I started... imagine if I could run a marathon every day... or 40 miles every day...

The possibilities are endless.  Only I can limit myself, and if I build myself up little by little, I believe that such a thing is possible.  Will I be able to do it this month?  No.  This year?  Probably not... but with every single day, I can progress and move forward to my goal, and when I get closer to my goal, I'll not only be able to become the beast I strive to become, but I will also be able to compete with the elite runners of the world.

One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment