Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 19 (31 Day Transformation)

Today was a simple day.  Just one nice long run, running 5 and walking 1, I kept on going... but didn't bring a water bottle with me so I almost didn't make it.

Here's what I did:

21.78 miles in 3:37:29 (9:59 min/mile average)
chopping down branches with a machete

Haha.  Well the second part wasn't exactly a workout, but it got me to stay outside and work on my arms a little bit.  After running almost 22 miles, I was pretty tired, but hopefully, it got me closer to where I needed to be.  Afterwards, I went over and celebrated a friend's birthday party so I didn't get to go to the gym... but I have a feeling tomorrow I'll be able to go and work out to my hearts content.

Keeping it at a 10 min/mile pace means that the 100 miles would be finished in 1000 minutes.... 16 hours and 40 minutes... but I know that I won't really be able to do that.  However, with that kind of training, 12 minute miles for 100 miles won't seem too far off... and for Leadville, 15 minute miles is what I need to finish in 25 hours.  We'll see if the training that I undergo will be enough... I only have a little more than 10 days for training myself to become a beast capable of finishing the race. 

Here's what I say to that.

BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment