Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 6 (31 Day Transformation)

After a lazy morning, I did my run in the afternoon, and then after a little break, worked out at the gym that night... training has really become a part time job... and I'm loving it.  During the day, when I wasn't running, I was on youtube and watched the 2012 Ironman World Championship in Kona.  I was amazed at how the elite athletes pushed themselves so hard in the training so they would be able to perform at their finest in this race.  Looking at how hard they pushed themselves in the race, I looked at my own training and thought that I wasn't working nearly as hard as they were... and I aim to be at that point by the end of the month.

Watching the 2012 Ironman really opened my eyes to a new world... in the effort people took to train... and also as my interest piqued, because maybe some day I might want to take a crack at the Ironman... but one step at a time.

Here's what I did for today:
9.31 mile run in 1:17:04 (8:16 min/mile average)
18 pull ups
2 mile walk
3 mile run on treadmill in 24:49 (8:16 min/mile average)
1 hour of cycling
10 minutes in the sauna

Today was a little more running than usual, but less cycling, stair master, and pool running.  I'm hoping to change that little by little til I spend a lot of time doing all of them.  I look forward to the day I am training over 6 hours a day.  Can't wait to transform myself into a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment