Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 7 (31 Day Transformation)

Today was another day of rest.  I really wanted to work out or do something... but the thing is that the human body does need time to recover.  However, at the rate that I'm going, next week, my rest day would probably include a run of 4 miles.  If I can keep this up, then my 'rest day' may end up as a 10 mile run.  If I could get to that level in two weeks, by the last three days of the 31 Day Transformation, I believe I might be able to get to a point where I'm running a marathon distance every day.  Once I'm in that position, running the Leadville 100 shouldn't be as big of a deal.  The fortunate thing about my training is that I've been able to put a lot of time into it.  The only reason I'm able to do this is because of where I'm at in my life.

I guess it's important to not take each moment for granted and while you can... work up to where you can potentially be.  If there's nothing else holding you back from getting to where you want to be... why should you hold yourself back... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment