Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 25-26 (31 Day Transformation)

Man... one thing after another... things just keep happening.  All I did yesterday... nothing, and when I came back home... I came back to a home without internet due to my roommate not paying the bills... which kind of sucked.  I mean, through the whole day, I had a lot of things to do.  I started the day working at the day camp, running around with kids for the whole day, ESPECIALLY when we had all 20+ kids chase after me with water guns for half an hour.  At about 2:30, I went over to the park, where I went out with the youth kids and went tubing... which totally worked my deltoids... could still feel it today... and played a couple games of sand volleyball, and then went over to young adults group... ending the day sleeping at about midnight.

As I didn't have internet and I fell asleep before I could type up stuff on my phone.  After I woke up... 9 hours later, I went over and ran with my friend, and then proceeded to go back home and sleep... but hey, if my body needs the rest, I'm going to give it rest.  Needing rest means that my body was recovering... having two intense weeks... meant that it was time for me to rest and recover.  Once I recover, I can go at it again... right before the race.

At this point, I think that the 31 Day Transformation was a little too short of a time period for me to change as I wanted to.  That doesn't mean that I didn't change, because I did change and transform.  I just probably need to plan things out for a 42 day plan instead of a 31 day plan.  Today is going to be another little break for me... but I feel like after this break, I'll be able to push myself a little more for the next week or so before I go to Leadville for my epic 100 mile adventure.

Here's what I did today:

4.9 miles in 44:36 (9:06 min/mile average)

There's no problem in 'failing' as long as you can learn, grow, and continue on.  There is no real defeat unless you stay down.  The moment you get back up, you can move forward and conquer even more.  I can't wait until I make time for a 42 Day Transformation.

However, this adventure still isn't over.  After learning, I'm going to continue forward and learn more as I go on and push myself as much as I can in these last 4 days.  We'll see what'll happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment